Publications and Links
One of Kororoit Institute's major activities is to integrate knowledge relating to the emergence, dynamics and evolution of complex organized systems. This includes the publishing activities of our members and links to other sites we regard to be of interest, as broken down into four categories.
- Member Publications provides links to downloadable copies of peer-reviewed conference and journal publications by Kororoit Institute members.
- Kororoit Institute Working Paper Series. These are non peer reviewed works of our members. They may include early versions of works intended for later publication in peer reviewed journals or papers not intended for peer review. Papers may cover current or recent work, or may be published here because of their historical interest. A Microsoft Word style template for Kororoit Institute Occasional Papers may be downloaded from this link.
- The Kororoit Institute eJournal (under development).
- Interesting and Relevant Links. Links to members and other websites and blogs that are relevant to Kororoit Institute's interests.
As a publisher, Kororoit Institute will be happy to consider publishing serious works relating to our aims that have been difficult to publish elsewhere because they don't fit easily into existing disciplinary paradigms and their journals. We aim to publish articles exhibiting rationality, clear thinking and clarity of expression.
- Hall, W.P. 2011. Physical basis for the emergence of autopoiesis, cognition and knowledge. Kororoit Institute Workingl Papers No. 2: 1-63.
- Hall, W.P., Else, S., Martin, C., Philp, W. 2011. Time-based frameworks for valuing knowledge: maintaining strategic knowledge. Kororoit Institute Working Papers No. 1: 1-28.
- Hall, W.P., Kilpatrick, B. 2011. Managing community knowledge to build a better world. Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS) 30th November - 2nd December, 2011, Sydney, Australia.
- Ittharat, R., Thongprasert, N., Nousala, S., Whyte, S. 2011. The characteristics of successful entrepreneurs in lower northeastern region 2. Prime Journal of Business Administration and Management (BAM) 1(10): 355-361.
- Jastroch, N., Ku, C.S., Marlowe, T.J., Kirova, V., Mohtashami, M., Nousala, S. 2011. Collaboration, product and knowledge. 15th WMSCI multi-conference, KGCM (collaborative knowledge generation, communication and management) conference 19th - 22nd July, Orlando, Florida USA.
- Marlowe, T., Jastroch, N., Nousala, S., Kirova, V. 2011. The collaborative future. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics 9(6): 1-8.
- Morris, A., Nousala, S. 2011. Do I know where I am going? And how do I read the directions along the way? The knowledge pathway in the context of surrounding information and a toolset for effective growth. 15th WMSCI multi-conference, CENT symposium (collaborative enterprise), Orlando, Florida USA.
- Nousala, S., Hall, W.P., Hadgraft, R. 2011. Socio-technical systems for connecting social knowledge and the governance of urban action. 15th WMSCI, CENT Symposium, July 19-22, 2011, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Vines, R., Firestone, J. 2011. Interoperability and the exchange of humanly usable digital content across a global economy. (in) Cope, B., Kalantzis, M., Magee, L. (eds). Towards a Semantic Web: Connecting Knowledge in Academic Research. Oxford: Chandos Press, pp. 429-489
- Vines, R., Hall, W.P. 2011. Exploring the foundations of organizational knowledge. Kororoit Institute Working Papers No. 3, pp. 1-39.
- Vines, R., Hall, W.P., McCarthy, G. 2011. Textual representations and knowledge support-systems in research intensive networks. (in) Cope, B., Kalantzis, M., Magee, L. (eds). Towards a Semantic Web: Connecting Knowledge in Academic Research. Oxford: Chandos Press, pp. 145-195.
- Hall, W.P. 2010. Chromosome variation, genomics, speciation and evolution in Seceloporus lizards. Cytogenetics and Genome Research 127(2-4):143-165 (DOI:10.1159/000304050)
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S. 2010. Autopoiesis and knowledge in self-sustaining organizational systems. 4th International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics: IMSCI 2010, June 29th - July 2nd, 2010 – Orlando, Fla.
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S. 2010. What is the value of peer review – some sociotechnical considerations. Second International Symposium on Peer Reviewing, ISPR 2010 June 29th - July 2nd, 2010 – Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S., Best, R. 2010. Free technology for the support of community action groups: theory, technology and practice. Knowledge Cities World Summit, 16-19, November 2010, Melbourne, Australia
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S., Vines, R. 2010. Using Google’s apps for the collaborative construction, refinement and formalization of knowledge. ICOMP'10 - The 2010 International Conference on Internet Computing July 12-15, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Nousala, S. 2010. Emergent structures and geographical scales: What it means for practical policy application. International Symposium on Urban Futures and Human Ecosystems Wellbeing, Shanghai China,
- Nousala, S. 2010. Improving the peer review process: An examination of commonalities between scholarly societies and knowledge networks. Second International Symposium on Peer Reviewing, ISPR 2010 June 29th - July 2nd, 2010 – Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Nousala, S., Jamsai-Whyte. S. 2010. The value of sustainable knowledge transfer methods for SMEs, utilizing socio-technical networks and complex systems. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 8(6): 40-45.
- Nousala, S., Jamsai-Whyte. S. 2010. The Importance of SME Knowledge Network Training: A Key to Organizational Sustainability. International Journal of Strategic Management 10(1).
- Nousala, S., Jamsai-Whyte. S., Hall, W.P. 2010. Tacit knowledge network development: the comparative analysis of knowledge threads in complex systems. Knowledge Cities World Summit, 16-19, November 2010, Melbourne, Australia.
- Vines, R., Hall, W.P., McCarthy, G. 2010. Textual representations and knowledge support-systems in research intensive networks. (in) Cope, B., Kalantzis, M., Magee, L. (eds). Towards a Semantic Web: Connecting Knowledge in Academic Research. Oxford: Chandos Press, pp. 145-195.
- Vines, R., McCarthy, Jones, M., Kirk, C. 2010. Reducing the burden, increasing the impact: Enabling the growth of quality-knowledge within the Victorian Community Sector. Final report prepared for the community sector: Second Better Integrated Standards and Quality Assurance Systems. Office for the Community Sector, Department of Planning and Community Development, Government of Victoria. pp. 1-78.
- Vines, R., McCarthy, G., Kirk, C., Jones, M. 2010. Cities, human well being and the environment: conceiving national regulatory knowledge systems to facilitate resilient knowledge, knowledge based development and inter-generational knowing. Knowledge Cities World Summit, 16-19, November 2010, Melbourne, Australia.
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S., Kilpatrick B. 2009. One company – two outcomes: knowledge integration vs corporate disintegration in the absence of knowledge management. VINE: The journal of information and knowledge management systems 39(3), 242-258.
- Martin, C.P., Philp, W., Hall, W.P. 2009. Temporal convergence for knowledge management. Australasian Journal of Information Systems 15(2), 133-148.
- Nousala, S., 2009. The sustainable development of industry clusters: Emergent knowledge networks and socio complex adaptive systems. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics 7(5), 55-60.
- Nousala, S., Miles, A., Kilpatrick, B., Hall, W.P. 2009. Building knowledge sharing communities using team expertise access maps (TEAM). International Journal of Business and Systems Research 3(3), 279-296.
- Hall, W.P., Richards, G., Sarelius, C., Kilpatrick, B. 2008. Organisational management of project and technical knowledge over fleet lifecycles. Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 5(2):81-95.
- Nousala, S. 2008. Understanding the value and transference of tacit knowledge in socio-technical networks and complex systems: A study of simultaneous internal and external organizational knowledge networks. Proceedings, 8th International Conference on Intelligent Transport System Telecommunications, Phuket, Thailand, October 22-24, 2008, pp. 428-433.
- Nousala, S., Hall, W.P. 2008 Emerging autopoietic communities – scalability of knowledge transfer in complex systems. First IFIP International Workshop on Distributed Knowledge Management (DKM 2008), Oct, 18-19, 2008, Shanghai.
- Nousala, S., Ifandoudas, P., Terziovski, M. 2008. Process improvement and ICTs in Australian SMEs: a selection and implementation framework. Production Planning & Control 19(8): 735-753.
- Vines, R., Lombard, D., Williams, R. 2008. The Interoperability Challenge. Doing IT Better Interoperability Working Group Position Paper Version 0.5 (public draft)Victorian Council of Social Services. pp. 1-11
- Dalmaris, P., Tsui, E., Hall, W.P., Smith, B. 2007. A Framework for the improvement of knowledge-intensive business processes. Business Process Management Journal. 13(2): 279-305.
- Hall, W.P., Dalmaris, P., Else, S., Martin, C.P., Philp, W.R. 2007. Time value of knowledge: time-based frameworks for valuing knowledge. 10th Australian Conference for Knowledge Management and Intelligent Decision Support Melbourne, 10 – 11 December 2007. [OASIS Seminar Presentation, Department of Information Systems, University of Melbourne, 27 July 2007].
- Hall, W.P. 2007. Managing lifecycles of complex projects. Government Transformation Journal, July 2007. Center for Public-Private Enterprise.
- Hall, W.P., Nousala, S. 2007. Facilitating emergence of an ICT industry cluster. ICE 2007 - 13th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising - "Concurrent (Collaborative) Innovation", Sophia-Antipolis, France, 4-6 June 2007. [presentation]
- Jamsai S., Nousala, S., Terziovski. M. 2007. Development of innovation capability at Invincible Company Thailand. In M. Terziovski (Ed.), Building Innovation Capability in Organizations: An International Cross-Case Perspective. London: Imperial College Press, pp. 177 – 188.
- Nousala, S. 2007. An intelligent transport organization and its knowledge networks: Understanding tacit knowledge networks through knowledge transfers within and beyond the organization. 7th International Conference on ITS, Sophia Antipolis, France, June 6-8, 2007.
- Nousala, S., Hall, W.P., John, S. 2007. Transferring tacit knowledge in extended enterprises. IKE'07- The 2007 International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 25-28, 2007.
- Nousala, S., Terziovski, M. 2007. Development and exploitation of innovation capability at a defence project engineering company (DPEC). In M. Terziovski (Ed.), Building Innovation Capability in Organizations: An International Cross-Case Perspective. London: Imperial College Press, pp. 121-140.
- Vines, R., 2007. Towards a Futures Strategy for the Victorian Community Sector: A Knowledge Perspective”. Victorian Council of Social Services (VCOSS) 2007 Congress.
- Vines, R, Hall, W.P. 2007. Riding the waves of technological convergence in the media publishing industries. Printers Post. [article, 470 K]
- Vines, R., Hall, W.P., Naismith L. 2007. Exploring the foundations of organisational knowledge: An emergent synthesis grounded in thinking related to evolutionary biology. actKM Conference, Australian National University, Canberra, 23-24 October 2007. [Presentation, 6.8 M]
- Hall, W.P., Else, S., Martin, C., Philp, W. 2011. Time-Based Frameworks for Valuing Knowledge: Maintaining Strategic Knowledge
- Hall, W.P. 2011. Physical Basis for the Emergence of Autopoiesis, Cognition and Knowledge
- Vines, R., Hall, W.P. 2011. Exploring the foundations of organizational knowledge
Note: This is under development.
- Template for Knowledge Based Community Organizations - A template developed in Google Sites for supporting the emergence and maintenance of knowledge based communities.
- Evolutionary Biology of Species and Organizations - William Hall's personal website.